US Army

www.army.mil
There are newer employer reviews for US Army

Over 26 years experience in management, recruiting, and career counseling.

Former Employee - Career Counselor in Franklin, PA
Former Employee - Career Counselor in Franklin, PA

I worked at US Army full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The Army has a very competitive salary, and educational benefits. The Army pays for all training and supplies all necessary equipment to perform all assigned tasks.

Cons

The Army has long work hours depending on your individual job or specialty. Also you may be required to leave you family for long extended periods of time.

The only advise I can give to management is to listen to your subordinates suggestions and ideas. They are the ones that actually do the job and have first hand knowledge on how to make things better.

6519 Other Employee Reviews for US Army (View Most Recent)

It was a great experience with tons of cross-training.

Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Fort Campbell, KY
    Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Fort Campbell, KY

I worked at US Army full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I learned a lot about how human resources actually work within an organization. There was always a chance to cross-train and learn other things. Also, you get to change your scenery every couple years, which isn't so bad. I loved working with a multitude of people in international and domestic settings.

Cons

Leaving people you grow close with, having to change assignments that may be fulfilling to do something less satisfying, always being at the "need of the Army", and not always getting promoted in a timely manner.

Promote on work ethic and merit.

Unmatched

Current Employee - Platoon Leader in Fort Lee, VA
    Current Employee - Platoon Leader in Fort Lee, VA

I have been working at US Army full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Meet new people, travel, gain leadership experience (pays off in job market), free education, helps you stay in great physical shape, opportunity to grow (personally and professionally), steady income, job security (if you play by the rules), no gender or racial bias, EOE, and much more.

Note: I'm not a recruiter.

Cons

IT'S NOT FOR EVERYONE!!!
    Time away from loved ones, can be moved to another location on short notice, could be stationed in another country (not a problem if you're a traveller), very early workdays, must be physically and mentally tough, could be a strain on social life (for some), may work on weekends

There are newer employer reviews for US Army