US Army

www.army.mil

Great experience

Former Employee - Infantryman  in  Fort Riley, KS
Former Employee - Infantryman in Fort Riley, KS

Pros

Great benefits, training, learning experience, leadership development, make a lot of life long friends and make memories that will last forever

Cons

long days, time away from family, but that is part of the job. Sometimes your leadership is lazy and doesn't do their job,

Hold your NCO's to a higher standard then your soldiers

Other reviews for US Army

Awesome experiences while serving

Former Employee - E-8 First Sergeant  in  Fort Stewart, GA
    Former Employee - E-8 First Sergeant in Fort Stewart, GA

Pros

Travel the world. Promotions are determined by ones own motivation to be promoted.

Cons

Using putting the skill you learned and going to war.

Stop promoting so quickly

Pretty good experience.

Current Employee - 96H Common Ground Station Operator  in  Fort Bragg, NC
    Current Employee - 96H Common Ground Station Operator in Fort Bragg, NC

Pros

I've meet some of the best people when I served in the Army. I jumped out of planes, shot guns, drank and partied like a rock star. There are ton of four day weekends. We would head to the beach all the time. Be careful of the partying or could develop a drinking problem. The PT was pretty intense. We ran a ton but I was in great shape. Everybody has different experiences with the service. talk to as many people as possible.

Cons

There are some downsides. I also met some of the worst people while I was in the Army. Theres alot of egomaniacs in the military. Everybody walks around with a chip on their shoulder. I would have people stare the sh*t out of me just walking down the street. I had NCO's bust my chops just because they could, not because I did anything wrong. Theres a lot of dudes that didn't have anything going for them in life that decided they would join the Army. Theres a ton of politics. If you get a dummy as a your squad leader, youre screwed. I had some dummys for NCO's. The camaraderie really lied with the joes (E-1 thru E-4's). Those were the guys I hung out and lived with. I still talk to some of them to this day. And I got out back in 2004. The NCO's let the rank go to the their head.

There are newer employer reviews for US Army.

Worked for US Army? Contribute to the Community!