US Army
www.army.mil Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Army Life

Soldier (Current Employee)
Augusta, GA

ProsArmy life is not for everyone but for the most part I have enjoyed serving my country. Most of the benefits are op notch even if you don't the medical and dental are probably better than anything you will find on the civilian market. The army can best be described as a culture within a culture, we hold each other to a higher standard than we do the general public because all soldiers are taught a system of values from day one: Loyality, duty, honor, respect, selfless service, integrity, and personal courage. While not every soldier embraces these values most do, and that is what makes this a great organization with great people. World travel is a given and time off is ample.

ConsHours suck, Pay is not that great, Time in service does not always equate to ability

Advice to Senior ManagementDouble standards from some leaders I've had was not cool. Walk the talk by mentoring and counseling your junior leaders like you expect us to do with our soldiers. Ever soldier has a leader some just don't lead.

It was the best experience of my life!!

I have been working at US Army full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great organization overall!!!! I spent 17 years in Aviation… Cons: I spent my last Under no circumstance enter the Military… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A unique experience

Operations Officer (Current Employee)
    Arlington, VA

I have been working at US Army full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Many opportunities for those who wish to thrive Cons: As with all organizations, not all senior level are on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on US Army.

Worked for US Army? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Army reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Army CEO John McHugh. All reviews posted anonymously by US Army employees.