US Army

There are newer employer reviews for US Army

Army Life

Current Employee - Soldier in Augusta, GA
Current Employee - Soldier in Augusta, GA

I have been working at US Army full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Army life is not for everyone but for the most part I have enjoyed serving my country. Most of the benefits are op notch even if you don't the medical and dental are probably better than anything you will find on the civilian market. The army can best be described as a culture within a culture, we hold each other to a higher standard than we do the general public because all soldiers are taught a system of values from day one: Loyality, duty, honor, respect, selfless service, integrity, and personal courage. While not every soldier embraces these values most do, and that is what makes this a great organization with great people. World travel is a given and time off is ample.

Cons

Hours suck, Pay is not that great, Time in service does not always equate to ability

Double standards from some leaders I've had was not cool. Walk the talk by mentoring and counseling your junior leaders like you expect us to do with our soldiers. Ever soldier has a leader some just don't lead.

6511 Other Employee Reviews for US Army (View Most Recent)

Great place to work for a retirement

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Fort Knox, KY
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Fort Knox, KY

I have been working at US Army full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great hours 8-5 and if you work more you get comped hour for hour
    decent pay
    good retirement

Cons

hard to get in without vet pref

listen to your staff

Retiring semi satisfied

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Manager in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Manager in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at US Army full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

benefits, people mostly and challenges. It has been great most of the time, but unfortunately it's time to go. The moves can be great, but sometimes your wishes do not coincide with the Army. Overall it has been good 20 years.

Cons

Sometimes people, mostly deployments and LONG hours. % deployments in 20 ears is a bit much for a family. Being blown up and spending 8 months in hospital on-off is also hard. The moves can be very hard, especially if army do not agree with you.

Listen to subject matter experts, stop being power happy and be a bit more compassionate.

There are newer employer reviews for US Army