There are newer employer reviews for US Army

Well rounded and extensive job experience.

Current Employee - Human Resources Supervisor
Current Employee - Human Resources Supervisor

I have been working at US Army full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The amount of diversity of the employees within the Army is amazing. You will work with people form all different races and creeds.

You will get to travel to different place and have some input as to where you go.

Cons

Senior level management is not enforcing advancements based solely on potential. The political world has spilled over into the military world too much.

Like in the civilian sector, upper level management is not as helpful in training their subordinates to "take their place;" because eventually everyone leaves and those subordinates move up to take their places.

reviews filtered by
  1. CBRN Operations / Staff Officer

Current Contractor - O2 - Army - First Lieutenant in Savannah, GA
    Current Contractor - O2 - Army - First Lieutenant in Savannah, GA

I have been working at US Army as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fair pay: 3 years exp > 3500 a month plus $250 a month for food and 800-1200 a month for rent/morgage. Great mentor-ship and professional challenges at every level. Professional education is highly encourage and provided by the Army.

Cons

You have very little control over what you will do in your technical specialty, the Army will use anyone for any job. I have never worked in my area of expertise, but have been pulled to where they needed my help.

Advice to Management

Officers need to be counseled just as the soldiers do to understand the command climate and expectations as your career changes and you seek more responsibility.

2. US ARMY

Current Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Fort Bragg, NC
    Current Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Fort Bragg, NC

I have been working at US Army full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pay, advancement, jobs, networking, travel, skills learned, education, physical fitness, time off, health care, programs to assist soldiers in need of help.

Cons

I've been in the army 15 years and I've realized the army is a good as you're current leadership, meaning at some points in my career there were no cons.

Advice to Management

Know your soldiers

There are newer employer reviews for US Army