US Army

www.army.mil

The Army is a unique leadership challenge provides life lessons that NO other career may provide.

O3 - Army - Captain (Former Employee) Tacoma, WA

ProsLeadership, life lessons, confidence, personal development, ethical reasoning, work satisfaction, cultural awareness, medical competency, pay is good (for officers; enlisted eventually can be good), benefits, schooling/education, opportunities to learn languages, travel, and experience the world; opportunity to gain valuable skills that may transfer to the civilian world.

ConsMedical is free and not all that great when it counts (because it is designed to not cater to everyone else trying to get out of work or get more than they deserve); There will be stressful and potentially life threatening situations, can be difficult on family/relationships, you can't get fired (unless you really screw up) but at the same time you can't quit - contracts aren't for everyone, in the end you do what you are told.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior officers are more experienced than I, so I will not judge harshly... all I would say is that keeping the politics out of Soldiers' day-to-day life is beneficial for all units regardless of size.

Prepare to be Micromanaged

I have been working at US Army full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great benefits which include the Montgomery GI Bill, 9/11 GI Bill, tuition assistance while on active duty, and Basic Allowance… Cons: You might accrue 2.5 days of leave per month, however you will never use it. Your NCO's will dictate every aspect of your life. Even… Advice to Senior Management: Give soldiers time to advance themselves to pursue higher education office instead of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Over the pat 20+ years i have had a blast, been challenged and learned a vast amount of knowledge.

Radio Repairer (Former Employee) Anchorage, AK

I worked at US Army full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Excellent benefits package, growth potential, and schooling. There are several career fields you can go into from the beginning with the possibility of crossing… Cons: A lot of politics, and hurry up and wait games. Upper to mid management like to up the show time as the word gets… Advice to Senior Management: Better time management and communication flow up and DOWN the chain. See comment in the Cons section. Communication ust needs to be a lot… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on US Army.

Worked for US Army? Contribute to the Community!