US Army

www.army.mil
  www.army.mil
There are newer employer reviews for US Army

Great work/life balance but unmotivated work force

Former Employee - Program Analyst in Natick, MA
Former Employee - Program Analyst in Natick, MA

I worked at US Army full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Beautiful post, low stress, okay people.

Cons

Unmotivated workforce with leadership that was unclear about strategic vision. At times it felt lazy.

They should have a clearer direction

6266 Other Employee Reviews for US Army (View Most Recent)

A lot of opportunity for those who want it.

Current Employee - Medic in Hinesville, GA
    Current Employee - Medic in Hinesville, GA

I have been working at US Army full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of benefits and the work tends to be fairly easy. As long as you're on time, stay fit, and do what you're told, you'll be fine.

Cons

The work is incredibly mindless. There are times where you're expected to come up with your own "training". As a medic I feel that I never do my job unless I'm deployed.

There are way too many medics and they tend to be used for mind numbing army details (picking up trash from the side of the road, picking weeds, clearing and inventorying storage containers, for example). If you're going to enlist medics, use them as medics.

For Officers, opportunities for experience is incomparable.

Former Employee - Operations Officer in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Operations Officer in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at US Army full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Individuals are placed in positions that provide immense opportunities for experience. Very few other careers will provide this level of experience. Depending on the unit, this can be a very competitive environment that allows for many to grow and develop some real skills.

Cons

It's difficult to have a quality work-life balance. Most positions require for the mission to be prioritized over personal, family life. Like all large organizations, can be very political. Additionally, often times, hard work doesn't get rewarded. The worst officers and the best officers get paid equally with similar career paths that are largely time-based, with less focus on those who really deserve it.

Watch out and protect time for soldiers to have a quality work-life balance.

There are newer employer reviews for US Army