Great place to start

Current Employee - Communications in Fort Hood, TX
Current Employee - Communications in Fort Hood, TX

I have been working at US Army full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enlisted Army is able to provide completely untrained, uneducated persons with a steady paycheck and possibly decent training, depending on the MOS that is picked. The new GI Bill also ensures that all persons with an honorable discharge and 3+ years of service will get their entire undergraduate education paid for. Without the help of the Army, a bunch of kids wouldn't have nearly as good as a career as they would had they stayed home and never joined.

Cons

They do not utilize their personnel to their strengths. They are the embodiment of bureaucracy. If they have staff that exhibit technical potential, there's no guarantee that that person won't end up doing menial tasks because of his/her rank. The GI Bill is awesome, but there are more rewarding branches to join if you are technically inclined. And other branches have better duty stations.

Other Employee Reviews for US Army

1. The Honor and Privelage to serve my Country like so many before me and so many after me.

Former Employee - Automated Logistics Specialist in Fort Bragg, NC
    Former Employee - Automated Logistics Specialist in Fort Bragg, NC

I worked at US Army full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Meet alot of great people, trained to be ready at all times something I carry with me today. The selection of jobs and the training of those jobs are unmatched.

Cons

The old regulations don't match with what a soldier will go through today, so those need to be changed. Better treatment to the enlisted as far as family, monetary and overall care are concerned.

Advice to Management

Pay raise to all that serve. Better treatment to all and change the older regulations completely.

2. Getting worse every day...

Pros

Lots of opportunities for training.

Cons

Little control over how much or where you work.