US Army

There are newer employer reviews for US Army

A great place to grow

Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at US Army full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Job security working with some of Americas greatest

Cons

75 percent travel to unknown destinations and length of stay is not always known

Mentor coach and train

6262 Other Employee Reviews for US Army (View Most Recent)

Bittersweet

I worked at US Army full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

friendships you'll make in the military (more to follow in cons)
    guaranteed paycheck always a plus

Cons

When people leave the military its like that life just drops off the face of the planet. since I've left the military, I haven't been in contact with anyone I previously considered my very best friends.
    Another big "con" is that you generally work under people who are less intelligent than you.

Stop promoting the people who everyone knows is going to be a terrible leader. There's always that person who gets promoted way faster than anyone else but no one understands how it happens.

Army Training, Compensation and Benefits

I have been working at US Army

Pros

The Army provides exceptional training, compensation and benefits.
    It is an up or our organization, so it is geared toward advancement.
    Can go full time Active Duty or part time National Guard or Army Reserve.

Cons

The Army is like every government department, large, bureaucratic, inefficient, and wastes large amounts of tax payer dollars because workforce bureaucrats have no incentive to improve operation or save money.

Deployments are hard on families as well as the risks involved to the Soldier.
    Management has little or no control over its Human Resources office known as Human Resources Command and this heavily bureaucratic command is inefficient, often works against management and answers to no one. Thus, the command and their career managers have the God complex and enjoy screwing Soldiers and management because they know that they can.

Make Human Resources Command an O6 command that is answerable to management – the leaders in the field. They are a human resources department and nothing more.

Incentivize cost savings and bring back and put full resources to the Suggestion Program. Reward Soldiers from the user level to the GO level for suggesting solutions to systemic problems that save money and manpower by creating efficiencies.

There are newer employer reviews for US Army