There are newer employer reviews for US Army

A challenging and rewarding experience that tests your abilities every day.

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at US Army full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits. It is never the same issue every day. Ability to work with senior level leaders that are able to make an impact that are long lasting.

Cons

Long hours. The commute into the city can be long and tiresome. The uncertainty of future cutbacks in the federal workforce.

Always remember that people have personal lives too and that there is no reason to have to work longer than 12 hours a day the majority of the time.

reviews filtered by
  1. If I Touched One: It Was Worth It

I worked at US Army full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

An opportunity to obtain many skill sets as well as complete higher education. You can embrace diversity in all facets traveling to some parts of the world that you may have never imagined. A rewarding job; It makes you feel good knowing that you are a good leader, Soldier, mentor, trainer and supervisor. You learn teamwork, resistance, attention to detail,
    and much patience. Benefits and paid lea e days are a plus and you meet some great people along the way. Wearing the uniform and treating my Soldier's and peers with dignity and respect and always being there for them; made me feel proud even on the very long days!

Cons

A few bad supervisors along the way, deployments, and sometimes a lack of organization. Late work hours. When given a correction for organizational structure; It doesn't get corrected. Therefore, Soldiers are working late for an inspection to fix what was identified to their leadership 2 months prior. This often leads to Soldiers working when they should be on their off time.

I would advise upper management to talk with the leadership in reference to time management which would take care of the time off issues. In reference to the company values, I would reiterate the importance of our company values and let it be known that anyone that cannot comply doesn't belong in your organization. You run an organization that treats everyone with dignity and respect and nothing less will be tolerated.

2. exciting and educational

Former Employee - Supply Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Supply Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at US Army full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

help you to become a stronger and ethical person

Cons

repetitive work such as physical training

There are newer employer reviews for US Army