US Army

www.army.mil
There are newer employer reviews for US Army

Patriotic

I have been working at US Army

Pros

Stay healthy through physical fitness
Challenging work environments

Cons

Unpredictable schedule
Some soldiers like to put fellow soldiers down to make themselves look better
Long hours at times
Family separations
Type A personalities

Practice what you preach about mentoring all soldiers, not just the golden boys and girls

6511 Other Employee Reviews for US Army (View Most Recent)

Go army

I worked at US Army full-time

Pros

Dependable pay. Steady advancement if work hard. Honorable job.

Cons

Long hours. Time away from family.

Take care of troops under you.

If I Touched One: It Was Worth It

I worked at US Army full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

An opportunity to obtain many skill sets as well as complete higher education. You can embrace diversity in all facets traveling to some parts of the world that you may have never imagined. A rewarding job; It makes you feel good knowing that you are a good leader, Soldier, mentor, trainer and supervisor. You learn teamwork, resistance, attention to detail,
    and much patience. Benefits and paid lea e days are a plus and you meet some great people along the way. Wearing the uniform and treating my Soldier's and peers with dignity and respect and always being there for them; made me feel proud even on the very long days!

Cons

A few bad supervisors along the way, deployments, and sometimes a lack of organization. Late work hours. When given a correction for organizational structure; It doesn't get corrected. Therefore, Soldiers are working late for an inspection to fix what was identified to their leadership 2 months prior. This often leads to Soldiers working when they should be on their off time.

I would advise upper management to talk with the leadership in reference to time management which would take care of the time off issues. In reference to the company values, I would reiterate the importance of our company values and let it be known that anyone that cannot comply doesn't belong in your organization. You run an organization that treats everyone with dignity and respect and nothing less will be tolerated.

There are newer employer reviews for US Army