There are newer employer reviews for US Army

Phenomenal, rewarding, varied career, with tremendous training opportunities

Current Employee - Army Officer in Albuquerque, NM
Current Employee - Army Officer in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at US Army full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

As a full time officer in the National Guard, I've gotten training in so many areas, my resume is very varied. I've gotten training and experience in Admin, Logistics, Intelligence, Operations, Hazmat, Languages, Maintenance, Transportation, Pay and Allowances, and on and on. This is mostly typical of a full time officer career, where you get a variety of experiences, and exposure to every field imaginable. In my 18 years in the National Guard, I have had about 10 different jobs all across the state, but only one required a PCS move.

Cons

If you want to focus on one area, it's not going to happen. As a full time officer in the National Guard, you are a generalist, not an area expert. If you want to focus and become an expert in one area, you'll need to be a Technician, not an Active Guard / Reserve officer.

Provide advice and management on careers, don't just be reactionary. You invest a lot of time and money and energy into your leaders, why not provide them with some measure of visibility on what you intend for their futures? And if they have no future, tell them. We're grown ups, and will move on.

5816 Other Employee Reviews for US Army (View Most Recent)

Fun Times

I worked at US Army

Pros

good Stability and very Structured

Cons

Can Be Hazardous to health

major tasks on a helicopter

I have been working at US Army

Pros

there is a lot of leadership and dedication required but it is very rewarding as an individual and a team

Cons

no set work hours, early mornings, physically and mentally tough and draining, pay is not very good

There are newer employer reviews for US Army