US Army

There are newer employer reviews for US Army

Satisfactory

Current Employee - Logistics Management Specialist in Huntsville, AL
Current Employee - Logistics Management Specialist in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at US Army full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can't beat the Work/Life Balance. It feels good that your helping our Nation by supporting the war fighter.

Cons

Pretty slow with promotions and bonuses.

6262 Other Employee Reviews for US Army (View Most Recent)

Rewarding but tiresome experience

I have been working at US Army full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Being an officer is rewarding. Provides many advancement opportunities, travel opportunity, education benefits, and the opportunity to interact with many people from diverse backgrounds. Most rewarding is being able to help Soldiers.

Cons

Deployments and long hours cause alot of strain on the family life as does having to more every 2-3 years to move to another assignment.

Best place to work. Worst place to work. Attitude makes all the difference.

Former Employee - E5 - Army - Sergeant
    Former Employee - E5 - Army - Sergeant

I worked at US Army full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There is no other company or organization that can give you the experience the military has to offer. The discipline, team work and integrity learned from the military is unparalleled. The benefits are great, the training is great. No one's going to get rich in the military, but they provide enough to live comfortably. Your attitude, commitment and goals on what you want from the military can make your experience the best thing you've ever done or the worst thing you've ever done. My gains were self-confidence, leadership skills, life experience... There's nothing I would trade and I really miss working there.

Cons

Training never stops. Not to say that's a bad thing, but I really wanted to finish up my degree and the schedule didn't allow for me to take classes. There were some really horrible leaders. Part of my leadership learning process was observing bad leaders and learning what not to do.

There are newer employer reviews for US Army