Endless opportunity

Current Employee - E9-Sergeant Major in Fort Meade, MD
Current Employee - E9-Sergeant Major in Fort Meade, MD

I have been working at US Army full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Travel and working with high caliber team members.

Cons

Change in the culture appears to be left of center and new problems are on the horizon. I wish you well as you meet these obstacles.

Advice to Management

Always be ready and able to get your hands dirty. You will accomplish more through earning the respect of your team than being the single thinker. Together Each Achieves More (TEAM)

Other Employee Reviews for US Army

1. Its a Lifestyle.

I have been working at US Army full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Travel. comradery, benefits, OJT.

Cons

Long extended tours away from home.

2. The most wonderful life experience.

Former Employee - U S Army Sergeant First Class E7 in Fort Bragg, NC
    Former Employee - U S Army Sergeant First Class E7 in Fort Bragg, NC

I worked at US Army full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working here allowed me to develop leadership skills that are needed to take care of work, Soldiers and their families. I was given the opportunity to lead and set good examples for others to emulate. I always fostered a good work environment in the work place. I really understood the value of team. I knew that it wasn't about me. It was about everyone else that I had the opportunity to lead, train and mentor.

Cons

In this profession it requires you to conduct a lot of training which is needed, but unfortunately the training requires you to leave your family a lot of times for days, weeks, months and year at a time. Even though I think that the promotion system is not fair. I was able to make it to a senior level of my profession.

Advice to Management

I advised senior management on water operations planning procedures that greatly contributed to the overall success during task force Haiti. I advised upper echelon on water training concepts that able a water purification team to win first place in an Army wide competition.As the materiael manager in Iraq I managed, briefed, planned and coordinated fuel and water operations as well supplements throughout Multi-National Division Iraq.