US Army

www.army.mil
  www.army.mil
There are newer employer reviews for US Army

A life changing experience!

I have been working at US Army

Pros

One of the few places that still give you a chance based on potentail rather than experience. I have been able to see the world and gain skill my civilian counterparts lack or pay top dollar for a consultant to try and teach in a week.

Cons

The time seperated from family, but you are scarficing for the nation.

Get rid of toxic leaders!

6266 Other Employee Reviews for US Army (View Most Recent)

Infantry Non-commissioned Officer

Current Employee - Infantry Squad Leader (E-6)
    Current Employee - Infantry Squad Leader (E-6)

I have been working at US Army full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Leadership and skills training, Discipline, veterans/retirement benefits, women love the uniform

Cons

a poor leadership team makes life hell and you cant just quit or transfer, deployed or stateside duties will frequently take you away from family for extended periods of time (weeks, months) it is an incredibly rigorous and varied environment, one supervisor me feel that THIS way is the best and only way to perform a skill while the next may feel that THIS way is the best but for both of them if you are not doing it their way... you're wrong. Then there's the whole "you might die" thing but the again you might die joking on a cheeto so there is that.

The "good ol' boy" system has to go! Good leadership is good leadership, bad leadership is bad leadership regardless of your connection to or opinion of the person providing it. The single best reviewer of leadership is their soldiers, quarterly sensing sessions and a review/promotion system that incorporates the opinions of Superior, peer and subordinate is the only thing that will fix the broken promotion/review system within our service.

life changing

Former Employee - E4 - Army - Specialist/Corporal in Fort Polk, LA
    Former Employee - E4 - Army - Specialist/Corporal in Fort Polk, LA

I worked at US Army as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Being in the Army was one of the best decisions I could've made for my life. I learned new things everyday. Everyday through out my life in the Army was a learning experience. Some of the biggest things I learned were leadership, integrity, and honor. The benefits were helpful too. But nothing beat the brotherhood I achieved in the military.

Cons

With my job I was always training. Always training for the next upcoming deployment. Days and weeks at a time. Caused me to not really be around to communicate with family and friends. Caused me to constantly go back and forth with bills and my bank.

There are newer employer reviews for US Army