US Bankruptcy Court

www.uscourts.gov
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for US Bankruptcy Court

Great people, great environment and caring management. My co-workers became life-long friends and mentors.

Former Employee - Case Administrator in Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - Case Administrator in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at US Bankruptcy Court full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

My coworkers were great people and the place felt like home. You couldn't ask for a better group of people.

Cons

Not a lot of room for upward mobility but that's due to extremely low turnover. Change happens when someone retires.

Keep doing what you've been doing.

14 Other Employee Reviews for US Bankruptcy Court (View Most Recent)

Analyst

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at US Bankruptcy Court full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, learned a lot of great skills, management is great.

Cons

They need more advancement opportunities

Do not take risks, follow every rule to the letter, and document EVERYTHING and you will be fine.

Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at US Bankruptcy Court

Pros

Great benefits once you pass the 3 year tenure mark. Every holiday, even the dumb ones, are paid days off. Combine that with an insane amount of vacation and sick time and you could take six weeks of paid vacation a year. Once you learn the game all you need is try to side step responsibility and avoid making any big mistakes (tip: use email to document everything as cya) and you can ride this for decades.

Cons

This is federal government so be prepared to be inundated with rules, procedures, forms and documentation. You will spend more time filling out weekly time sheets and monthly status reports to document the work you did than the time it took you to actually do the work. I'm not kidding. This kind of stuff drove me crazy but I guess I should not care as there is no real career path here. You just peck at the keyboard for 8hrs, get your food pellet, and go home. Its monotonous work but sort of easy because requires almost no real decision making. Any difficult decisions you just run up the flag pole to your supervisor. This they take the blame if its a bad decision. Thats the way this agency works.

Stop wasting tax payers money! Every fiscal year end we are told to spend all the money left in our budget to make sure we will get the same amount allotted us next year. So we wind up buying stuff we dont need just to spend the money. We buy herman miller chairs and 20" monitors for the receptionist because it will improve her "performance". Yeah, right. It's a waste of money and every agency in the government is doing the same thing running our country into debt.

There are newer employer reviews for US Bankruptcy Court