US Bureau of Land Management
www.blm.gov Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Fantastic internship opportunities

Biological Field Technician (Former Employee)

ProsI was able to gain exceptional and extensive work as a student with the BLM - they have many opportunities for students in diverse fields of work. It surely varies from station to station, but I felt like I was given great opportunities for skill-building and adequate training, having had no prior experience.

ConsBureaucratic hiring systems forced some of the best and most experienced seasonal employees to lose their jobs to new people, against the recommendation of the resident supervisors who actually work with them. It would be difficult to establish a career here, was my impression.

Wonderful people and a great place to gain experience as a student employee.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at US Bureau of Land Management as an intern for more than a year

Pros: Worked for a great team of people. Had interesting and… Cons: Working for the government always has a level of bureaucracy. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Doing more with less

I have been working at US Bureau of Land Management

Pros: Good schedule and has decent benefits Cons: Various managers coming from DC have no clue about satisfying… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on US Bureau of Land Management.

Worked for US Bureau of Land Management? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Bureau of Land Management reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by US Bureau of Land Management employees.