US Census Bureau

www.census.gov
  www.census.gov
There are newer employer reviews for US Census Bureau

Good employer - albeit shorter assignment than promised.

Former Employee - Enumerator in Cave Creek, AZ
Former Employee - Enumerator in Cave Creek, AZ

I worked at US Census Bureau full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay and training was excellent. I was privileged to have a very supportive team leader and supervisor.

Cons

Some areas assigned can be rough to door-knock or even access. Weather conditions in Arizona even in March/April are hot and dry. Some of the residents can be suspicious of government employees and behave aggressively.

Emphasize in training the importance of remaining safe while conducting surveys and door-knocking.

631 Other Employee Reviews for US Census Bureau (View Most Recent)

Special Program Intern

Former Employee - Special Program Intern in Suitland, MD
    Former Employee - Special Program Intern in Suitland, MD

I worked at US Census Bureau as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Nice working environments with friendly and experienced employees. Encouraged great engagement in intern program.

Cons

Need to add more working dynamics.

This was a good part-time, short-term job. I would do it again, and recommend it to my friends.

Former Employee - Enumerator in Lanesboro, MA
    Former Employee - Enumerator in Lanesboro, MA

I worked at US Census Bureau part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Thorough, paid, weeklong training. Good supervisor. Good pay rate. I got to know the area better. I could set my own hours, once training was over. The Census contacted me again a few months later when more work was available.

Cons

A fair amount of time was wasted during training, with people asking questions that had already been answered, or having conversations with other trainees. Assignments were handed out first-come, first serve, so people who had nothing else to do except the Census got a lot more assignments and thus got paid a lot more.

Minimize cross-talk during training. Improve mapmaker/mapchecker training. Provide more than one day for people to apply to the next level of employment at the Census - there was only one, it was a full day, and I couldn't get daycare that day!

There are newer employer reviews for US Census Bureau