US Census Bureau
www.census.gov Suitland, MD 5000+ Employees

I enjoyed my term at the Census. It was very rewarding to help build the Office from start to end.

Clerk (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

ProsThe U.S. Census Bureau, in my opinion is a highly respectable department of the U.S. Government that has a mission to properly account for persons living within the United States jurisdiction. I believe it runs efficiently, using the resources given based strictly on a fixed budget, and using creative measures to shore up any deficiencies if deadlines are not met.

ConsThe assignments are few and difficult to obtain for permanent positions. I believe that a broader staff would reflect the true nature of the Census Bureau.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo make expectations clear upon assignment for those who come in having their own perceived expectations. To continue to grow in diversity and growth based on achievement and attitude.

Enumerator

Enumerator (Current Employee)
    Queens Village, NY

I have been working at US Census Bureau as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Great pay for a short term government program Cons: Might be placed in a uncooperative neighborhood Advice to Senior Management: No advice Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Satisfying experience I would repeat gladly

Crew Leader (Current Employee)
    Gainesville, GA

I have been working at US Census Bureau full-time for less than a year

Pros: Pay, freedom of working on your own, working with people Cons: Time fully consumed with work Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on US Census Bureau.

Worked for US Census Bureau? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Census Bureau reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Census Bureau CEO John H. Thompson . All reviews posted anonymously by US Census Bureau employees.