US Census Bureau

www.census.gov
  www.census.gov
There are newer employer reviews for US Census Bureau

My time with the US Census was very educational, eventful four months of employment.

Former Employee - Office Clerk
Former Employee - Office Clerk

I worked at US Census Bureau full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I liked learning about our agricultural department of our government and exactly how they conduct a census of everyone in the United States.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like about the position was that it was only seasonal.

631 Other Employee Reviews for US Census Bureau (View Most Recent)

Excellent opportunity to work independently with managers and customers, and great personal interaction with customers.

Former Employee - Census Worker in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Census Worker in Torrance, CA

I worked at US Census Bureau as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent opportunity to work with management, and opportunity for upward mobility.

Cons

Position was contract only as a census worker, and would have liked to stay with the U.S. Census in some legal or administrative position.

None

It's very challenging work collecting the stats for the nation within an anti-government environment.

Former Employee - Field Representative in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Field Representative in Fresno, CA

I worked at US Census Bureau part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You are paid decently for most field reps allowing you to work from your home and basically on your own schedule.

Cons

Heavy management and very little support for those reps in the field. They are hiring inexperienced interviewers that do a lot of falsify data to keep refusal rates down and production up. Most need more training but management are coming from outside and not working up from the field positon.

Spend more time training those you put in supervisor positions. Having to train your supervisor from the basics of interview techniques to reasons behind each survey to management of personnel sucks as a field representative.

There are newer employer reviews for US Census Bureau