US Census Bureau

www.census.gov
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for US Census Bureau

Full time temporary position was awesome!

Former Contractor - Bi-lingual Office Clerk in Syracuse, NY
Former Contractor - Bi-lingual Office Clerk in Syracuse, NY

I worked at US Census Bureau as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Fun co-workers from all classes of life, management who actually cares about their employees in terms of scheduling and availability of overtime hours, mileage reimbursement, etc. Benefits are getting to meet LOTS of new and different people.

Cons

Office culture was business casual, privacy policies were very strict (and still are, most of the information I obtained must be kept secret for no less than 42 years). Needed more computerized access, less paper usage.

Let's do it again in 2020! It was a fun and rewarding experience, I wished I had applied sooner for a management or supervisory position, as that was what I was more suited to do than being solely a Bi-lingual office clerk.

658 Other Employee Reviews for US Census Bureau (View Most Recent)

The experience was edifying and helped me grow. I learned some management skills and worked with good people.

Former Contractor - Crew Leader Assistant in Providence, RI
    Former Contractor - Crew Leader Assistant in Providence, RI

I worked at US Census Bureau as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

It was an active environment and created easy opportunity for growth. The pay was definitely fair and reimbursement was made for travel. The people I worked with had great personalities and attitudes towards the job which made the task easy to complete.

Cons

Sometimes it was difficult to keep others on task. There would also be difficulties with getting people to participate but overall the experience was good.

Great job experience

Former Employee - Quality Control Clerk in Flint, MI
    Former Employee - Quality Control Clerk in Flint, MI

I worked at US Census Bureau full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very eclectic group of people to work with. Many different operations, so job stays interesting. Compensation is higher than average in area.

Cons

The training is always verbatim. While I understand that this is necessary because of the diverse settings for local offices, it tends to be very boring.

There are newer employer reviews for US Census Bureau