US Census Bureau

www.census.gov
  www.census.gov
There are newer employer reviews for US Census Bureau

Full time temporary position was awesome!

Former Employee - Bi-lingual Office Clerk in Syracuse, NY
Former Employee - Bi-lingual Office Clerk in Syracuse, NY

I worked at US Census Bureau as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Fun co-workers from all classes of life, management who actually cares about their employees in terms of scheduling and availability of overtime hours, mileage reimbursement, etc. Benefits are getting to meet LOTS of new and different people.

Cons

Office culture was business casual, privacy policies were very strict (and still are, most of the information I obtained must be kept secret for no less than 42 years). Needed more computerized access, less paper usage.

Let's do it again in 2020! It was a fun and rewarding experience, I wished I had applied sooner for a management or supervisory position, as that was what I was more suited to do than being solely a Bi-lingual office clerk.

629 Other Employee Reviews for US Census Bureau (View Most Recent)

The experience was edifying and helped me grow. I learned some management skills and worked with good people.

Former Employee - Crew Leader Assistant in Providence, RI
    Former Employee - Crew Leader Assistant in Providence, RI

I worked at US Census Bureau as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

It was an active environment and created easy opportunity for growth. The pay was definitely fair and reimbursement was made for travel. The people I worked with had great personalities and attitudes towards the job which made the task easy to complete.

Cons

Sometimes it was difficult to keep others on task. There would also be difficulties with getting people to participate but overall the experience was good.

Working at the US Census Bureau is great, but there is little Job Security in it because it is seasonal.

Former Employee - Office Clerk and QA in Valencia, CA
    Former Employee - Office Clerk and QA in Valencia, CA

I worked at US Census Bureau full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Professional environment, Clean, and simple office tasks (data entry, phone calls, etc.)

Cons

Temporary employment position, needs more movement for promotions.

Provide more office positions for employment, job security and title promotions.

There are newer employer reviews for US Census Bureau