US Census Bureau

www.census.gov

Full time temporary position was awesome!

Bi-lingual Office Clerk (Former Employee) Syracuse, NY

ProsFun co-workers from all classes of life, management who actually cares about their employees in terms of scheduling and availability of overtime hours, mileage reimbursement, etc. Benefits are getting to meet LOTS of new and different people.

ConsOffice culture was business casual, privacy policies were very strict (and still are, most of the information I obtained must be kept secret for no less than 42 years). Needed more computerized access, less paper usage.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet's do it again in 2020! It was a fun and rewarding experience, I wished I had applied sooner for a management or supervisory position, as that was what I was more suited to do than being solely a Bi-lingual office clerk.

The experience was edifying and helped me grow. I learned some management skills and worked with good people.

Crew Leader Assistant (Former Employee) Providence, RI

I worked at US Census Bureau as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: It was an active environment and created easy opportunity for growth. The pay was definitely fair and reimbursement was made for… Cons: Sometimes it was difficult to keep others on task. There would also… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Organized, supportive teams and leaders

Field Representative (Current Employee) Boulder, CO

I have been working at US Census Bureau part-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexible hours, organized processes, helpful and supportive supervisors. Cons: Too paper-based, processes should be digital to save $$ and… Advice to Senior Management: Switch low security processes, eg general info, forms requests, etc.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on US Census Bureau.

Worked for US Census Bureau? Contribute to the Community!