US Citizenship and Immigration Services
www.uscis.gov Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

An agency in it's infancy

GS-14 (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at US Citizenship and Immigration Services full-time for more than 5 years

ProsHigh pay for low work. Perfect example of government waste. Plus, with the recent hike in immigration fees the agency is able to maintain or perhaps grow their staffing.

ConsRed tape everywhere. Nobody knows where the policies and procedures can be found. Takes weeks to accomplish something that only takes minutes in the private sector.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together. Never seen a more poorly organized or executed business. The business model is flawed. You hike fees in order to fund unneeded hiring, which in turn funds the need for more senior positions. It's the only way anybody can get promoted. Bunch of people sitting around doing nothing and making $100,000 / year.

U.S CIS is a good place to work.

Adjudications Officer (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at US Citizenship and Immigration Services

Pros: Flexible schedule. Great job security. Cons: Big government. No environment for fresh and innovative thinking. Advice to Senior Management: Allow employees to think outside the box. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

News Flash! It the Simple Things Stupid!

Supervisor (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at US Citizenship and Immigration Services

Pros: Growing fast in terms of bringing people on board, and a lot of opportunities are available to learn within the organization. … Cons: Because of the fast growth many internal operations are undefined and flying by the seat of your pants is not that uncommom. There are… Advice to Senior Management: Ensure the simple stuff is defined and that a clear… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on US Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Worked for US Citizenship and Immigration Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Citizenship and Immigration Services reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by US Citizenship and Immigration Services employees.