US Coast Guard

www.uscg.mil

Federal Employer of Choice!

Chief Petty Officer (Current Employee) Elizabeth City, NC

ProsThe US Coast Guard provides the perfect opportunity to do work that truly matters. The mission of the service is fullfilling and you never find yourself wondering, "Why do I work here?" AS en employer, the Coast Guard never forgets to take care of its people. Outstanding benefits and support; outstanding opportunities in a wide variety of fields; an outstanding place to work.

ConsDepending upon the job you chose, you have to be prepared to spend time away from home. But again, you chose those jobs. Some jobs promote slower than others.

Advice to Senior Management1. Continue to be open and honest with the team and the public. 2. Beg Thad Allen to stay on board for another four years at least.

Great career opportunities, but not for everyone.

Logistics Officer (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

I have been working at US Coast Guard

Pros: The adventure and the opportunities that you get while in the CG are unmatched for peacetime missions. You will receive specialized training and… Cons: The Constant re-location of military life is definitely a downside. While finnancial stability is achieved, relationship stability with family, spouse and friends remain unstable.… Advice to Senior Management: Not all officers career paths fit all officers. Some officers feel pressured to "fit into a career" while others enjoy and love their… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

USCG is the best kept secret in the federal workforce.

Chief Warrant Officer (Current Employee) Washington, DC

I have been working at US Coast Guard

Pros: Wether you join the Coast Guard as an elisted member or an officer there is a lot of opportunity to make a difference while enjoying… Cons: I'll post when I find one that is unique to the Coast Guard. There are some aspects of working for the Coast Guard that… Advice to Senior Management: None to post here. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on US Coast Guard.

Worked for US Coast Guard? Contribute to the Community!