US Defense Finance and Accounting Service
www.defenselink.mil Indianapolis, IN 5000+ Employees

Challenging work in an environment that values committed employees

Hum Res Specialist (Current Employee)
Indianapolis, IN

ProsChallenging work. Large enough to offer opportunities for advancement. Great coworkers. Sense of professionalism, making things better. It is very motivating to know that you are supporting those who defend our nation. Flexible working hours with occasional opportunities for telework. Forwardthinking management interested in making things work. Tons of truly dedicated employees.

ConsLikely to be impacted by overall austerity measures in DoD. Hiring is limited. Managing poor performers is always a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend every day communicating with your employees and you are golden. Creating an environment where you know what each staff member is contributing and acknowledging contributions is powerful. Seek advice if you are struggling with a poor performer.

Institutional

Systems Accountant (Current Employee)
    Columbus, OH

I have been working at US Defense Finance and Accounting Service

Pros: Liberal leave, good work life balance Cons: Inept management and toleration for employees who do no work Advice to Senior Management: Fire non producers vs. making the rest of us carry the work. The only reason the work gets done is that we have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Job performance doesn't matter

Accounting Technician (Current Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at US Defense Finance and Accounting Service

Pros: Sick/Annual leave is great. Flex time. TSP matching. Cons: Unless you are at a certain position, you are not respected intellectually. I cannot stress that first point enough, if you're not a LIM or if… Advice to Senior Management: Fire lazy employees. Have some sort of hiring policy that is either all… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on US Defense Finance and Accounting Service.

Worked for US Defense Finance and Accounting Service? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Defense Finance and Accounting Service reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by US Defense Finance and Accounting Service employees.