US Defense Finance and Accounting Service

www.defenselink.mil
There are newer employer reviews for US Defense Finance and Accounting Service

Challenging work in an environment that values committed employees

Current Employee - Hum Res Specialist in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Hum Res Specialist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at US Defense Finance and Accounting Service

Pros

Challenging work. Large enough to offer opportunities for advancement. Great coworkers. Sense of professionalism, making things better. It is very motivating to know that you are supporting those who defend our nation. Flexible working hours with occasional opportunities for telework. Forwardthinking management interested in making things work. Tons of truly dedicated employees.

Cons

Likely to be impacted by overall austerity measures in DoD. Hiring is limited. Managing poor performers is always a challenge.

Spend every day communicating with your employees and you are golden. Creating an environment where you know what each staff member is contributing and acknowledging contributions is powerful. Seek advice if you are struggling with a poor performer.

58 Other Employee Reviews for US Defense Finance and Accounting Service (View Most Recent)

Take the good with the not so good

Current Employee - Low Level in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Low Level in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at US Defense Finance and Accounting Service

Pros

Fair (not exorbitant) wages, affordable health benefits, reimbursement for tuition costs. Management does not micromanage, and it's a comfortable working environment. Pension, but we'll see how that turns out later on down the line..

Cons

Failure to address underperforming associates can sometimes serve to demoralize ones that strive for excellence. Management has the capability of objectively reviewing work performance, but does not utilize those capabilities.

Employees who consistenly fail to achieve benchmarks should be disciplined and/or terminated. Managers who do not address these benchmark issues should be disciplined and/or terminated as well.

Institutional

Current Employee - Systems Accountant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Systems Accountant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at US Defense Finance and Accounting Service

Pros

Liberal leave, good work life balance

Cons

Inept management and toleration for employees who do no work

Fire non producers vs. making the rest of us carry the work. The only reason the work gets done is that we have people who really care about doing a good job. We could easily lose 10% of the work force. Probably wouldn't notice the loss.

There are newer employer reviews for US Defense Finance and Accounting Service