US Department of Defense Office of Inspector General
www.dodig.mil Arlington, VA 1000 to 5000 Employees

It's an "OK" place to work, but it could be so much better!...and it used to be a better place to work.

Program Manager (Current Employee)
Alexandria, VA

I have been working at US Department of Defense Office of Inspector General full-time

ProsDiverse organization with a great mission, protecting the warfighter. Ample opportunity for advancement and a committment to employee development.

ConsToo many chiefs and not enough indians. Frequently, program offices are 1 deep. Additionally, the organization is fragmented and various components seem work against other compoents, especially when leadership agendas are not aligned.

Advice to Senior ManagementLive up to the motto on the DoD OIG Intranet site "A Diverse Organization Working as One Team", and hold Senior Exectives and middle managers accountable when they fail to demonstrate that attitude.

My experience at the OIG was very interesting and disappointing.

Arlington, VA

I have been working at US Department of Defense Office of Inspector General

Pros: Interesting work Opportunity to make a difference Cons: Claims to be family oriented but lacks flexibility and understanding for working mothers. Senior management lacks fairness and… Advice to Senior Management: Eliminate entire Auditing division to include the Deputy IG. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

It was a great work experience.

Auditor (Former Employee)
Arlington, VA

I worked at US Department of Defense Office of Inspector General

Pros: A great place to start your career. Cons: Performance reviews in the agency are sketchy. Advice to Senior Management: You need to mentor employees more. More

There are newer reviews on US Department of Defense Office of Inspector General.

Worked for US Department of Defense Office of Inspector General? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Department of Defense Office of Inspector General reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by US Department of Defense Office of Inspector General employees.