US Department of Labor
www.dol.gov Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Collecting data for CPI

CPI Price Analyst (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe training was good. Part time, flexible schedule. Gathering prices in stores and restaurants was easy. I was able to do it in chunks around my schedule. I was the perfect job for a mom, work while the kids are in school, then be home with them.

ConsManager was unconcerned about safety, sent me door to door in the getto to price rental housing. I quit the job because I was in fear of my life. I would imagine there is less of that now that Zillow and other companies have that data, but it was really scary to be sent door to door in Compton and Watts.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse crime data, don't send employees to unsafe areas.

You rarely get a straight answer to any question relating to your cases, regulations, directives, etc.

Compliance Officer (Current Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at US Department of Labor

Pros: Good benefits, lots of options, time off transit subsidy good pay once you've been doing it for… Cons: insurance premiums (but that's everywhere) keep going up some friends believe that b/c I work for the government I pay little for medical, dental, vision.… Advice to Senior Management: there is a lot that needs to be fixed, and unless there is a real effort made to make changes throughout all the regions and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work in the federal government: perform a quality service and get rewarded for it.

Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I have been working at US Department of Labor

Pros: This is one of the best agencies to work for in the federal government because each day, you know you're performing a valuable service… Cons: Maybe get a little monotonous at times and some members of Senior Management should receive better training in staff supervision. Also computer systems are very… Advice to Senior Management: Train your tenured staff. New employees to the federal government with degrees, significant training and credentials shouldn't have to train… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on US Department of Labor.

Worked for US Department of Labor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Department of Labor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Department of Labor CEO Thomas E. Perez. All reviews posted anonymously by US Department of Labor employees.