US Department of Labor
www.dol.gov Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Good place to work

I have been working at US Department of Labor

ProsMost managers allow a good work life balance. The benefits are good. My coworkers are very dedicated to the mission of the agency and collaborate to make the work product the best it can be. The office environment is pleasant.

ConsRecognition for a job well done seems to skew toward managers rather than the staff who actually do the nitty gritty work. Less than stellar management aptitude in middle management. Limited to non-existent opportunity for training in new technologies.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to training and more balanced recognition of employees. Be more inclusive in soliciting employee opinion and feedback on initiatives and ongoing evaluation of programs.

There is no such thing as leadership or management!

Washington, DC

I have been working at US Department of Labor

Pros: Decent salary, respected title, decent benefits. Cons: Some of the senior staffers have been at DOL for over a quarter of a century. They do not understand how technology has changed… Advice to Senior Management: Political leaders are good in front of the cameria, but… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

High Pay, Low Expectations

Claims Examiner (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at US Department of Labor

Pros: The compensation seems high for the amount of work that we do. The benefits… Cons: Management is terrible. Half of the frontline managers and all of… Advice to Senior Management: Try asking employees for feedback once in a while, and then listen to it. They are out of touch with what we do. If they… More

There are newer reviews on US Department of Labor.

Worked for US Department of Labor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Department of Labor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Department of Labor CEO Thomas E. Perez. All reviews posted anonymously by US Department of Labor employees.