US Department of Labor

www.dol.gov

I would recommend DoL

Program Analyst (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThe atmosphere is very informal and comfortable. The Department offers an excellent work life balance and is very respectful of employees' personal time. The location of the Frances Perkins building provides excellent access to the entire city. The work is interesting and most staff are very professional.

ConsThis is a bureaucracy and many of its internal management processes are slow and archaic. As with most other non defense agencies promotions, hiring and transferring can be very difficult. The human resources staff seem confused and rarely are helpful about conveying information. The promotion potential is very hard to gauge over the long term.

Advice to Senior ManagementProfessionalize human resources and make more opportunities for internal employee development. Skills can stagnant and this can only hurt the effectiveness of the agency over the long term.

Not a Meritocracy

IT Specialist (Current Employee) Washington, DC

I have been working at US Department of Labor

Pros: Working at the Department of Labor provides a lot of stability and security during a time of economic uncertainty. Once you're there a year,… Cons: Progression up the organizational ladder is not based on merit. There's… Advice to Senior Management: Foster bidirectional communication among employees and also between management and employees. Eliminate… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good place to work

I have been working at US Department of Labor

Pros: Most managers allow a good work life balance. The benefits are good. My coworkers are very dedicated to the mission… Cons: Recognition for a job well done seems to skew toward managers rather than the staff who actually do the… Advice to Senior Management: Pay more attention to training and more balanced recognition of employees. Be more… More
There are newer reviews on US Department of Labor.

Worked for US Department of Labor? Contribute to the Community!