US Department of Treasury

www.ustreas.gov

The benefits were fabulous, great insurance and every other Friday off.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe pay was above average and the working environment was business relaxed casual. My managers were some of the best I have ever had. This was my first experience outside the private sector.

ConsThe position was a term position which ended after four years or six years, Originally we were told if the volume of work warranted the jobs would be posted again but due to Dodd- Frank and the formation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) many positions were allowed to expire and not offered again.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost of the term employees would have loved to had gotten their fifth year of government service and continued this valuable service to consumers.

Treasury Department intern

Research Assistant (Former Employee) Washington, DC

I worked at US Department of Treasury as an intern for less than a year

Pros: The pace of work life was not too stressful, though it was perhaps too slow. Employees are granted a small… Cons: Low pay; bureaucratic process for getting things done (for example, getting the transit subsidy). Kitchen was… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Remarkable gem in government

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

I have been working at US Department of Treasury full-time

Pros: Treasury has some of the smartest, most motivated people I have seen in my caree (which was in finance in New… Cons: It's a bureaucracy like one would expect in government - lots of folks need to sign off on anything new… Advice to Senior Management: Better communicate to the public the role and activities of the department - there's… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on US Department of Treasury.

Worked for US Department of Treasury? Contribute to the Community!