US Department of Treasury

www.ustreas.gov
  www.ustreas.gov
There are newer employer reviews for US Department of Treasury

The benefits were fabulous, great insurance and every other Friday off.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at US Department of Treasury full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay was above average and the working environment was business relaxed casual. My managers were some of the best I have ever had. This was my first experience outside the private sector.

Cons

The position was a term position which ended after four years or six years, Originally we were told if the volume of work warranted the jobs would be posted again but due to Dodd- Frank and the formation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) many positions were allowed to expire and not offered again.

Most of the term employees would have loved to had gotten their fifth year of government service and continued this valuable service to consumers.

90 Other Employee Reviews for US Department of Treasury (View Most Recent)

Treasury Department intern

Former Employee - Research Assistant in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Research Assistant in Washington, DC

I worked at US Department of Treasury as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The pace of work life was not too stressful, though it was perhaps too slow. Employees are granted a small transit subsidy. Nice area to work in (downtown DC). The interior of the Treasury Department building is quite beautiful though.

Cons

Low pay; bureaucratic process for getting things done (for example, getting the transit subsidy). Kitchen was quite bare. Not that much camaraderie among employees. The internally used websites are not well designed.

Remarkable gem in government

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at US Department of Treasury full-time

Pros

Treasury has some of the smartest, most motivated people I have seen in my caree (which was in finance in New York before joining the department). The issues people work on here affect the entire economy and truly make a difference.

Cons

It's a bureaucracy like one would expect in government - lots of folks need to sign off on anything new before it can happen. Also - compensation is on the standardize government scale and is not competitive with finance positions.

Better communicate to the public the role and activities of the department - there's not a broad understanding, even among finance-types, of the role Treasury plays in the economy.

There are newer employer reviews for US Department of Treasury