There are newer employer reviews for US Department of Treasury

Great benefits and people

Current Employee - Paralegal  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Paralegal in Washington, DC

I have been working at US Department of Treasury full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Comptroller of the currency is not funded by congressional budget and has their own means of funding. With that in mind they treat them employees well with more benefits paid by them and provided excellent bonuses for hard working personnel.

Cons

There are few positions for paralegals, and many for legal assistants.

Consider creating a paralegal position for each office that has a legal branch, and make the position a supervisory one over the entire legal support staff.

82 Other Employee Reviews for US Department of Treasury (View Most Recent)

The benefits were fabulous, great insurance and every other Friday off.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at US Department of Treasury full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay was above average and the working environment was business relaxed casual. My managers were some of the best I have ever had. This was my first experience outside the private sector.

Cons

The position was a term position which ended after four years or six years, Originally we were told if the volume of work warranted the jobs would be posted again but due to Dodd- Frank and the formation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) many positions were allowed to expire and not offered again.

Most of the term employees would have loved to had gotten their fifth year of government service and continued this valuable service to consumers.

Treasury Department intern

Former Employee - Research Assistant  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Research Assistant in Washington, DC

I worked at US Department of Treasury as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The pace of work life was not too stressful, though it was perhaps too slow. Employees are granted a small transit subsidy. Nice area to work in (downtown DC). The interior of the Treasury Department building is quite beautiful though.

Cons

Low pay; bureaucratic process for getting things done (for example, getting the transit subsidy). Kitchen was quite bare. Not that much camaraderie among employees. The internally used websites are not well designed.

There are newer employer reviews for US Department of Treasury

Worked for US Department of Treasury? Contribute to the Community!