US Department of Veterans Affairs

There are newer employer reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs

Great,

Current Employee - Staff RN in Loma Linda, CA
Current Employee - Staff RN in Loma Linda, CA

I have been working at US Department of Veterans Affairs full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefics / life style, location, Check it out if you like it come work for it. We help veterans of all ages

Cons

Cons will depen on you, what you want and or what you like

N/A

634 Other Employee Reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs (View Most Recent)

The most eye opening and rewarding jobs I've had.

Current Employee - Public Affairs Officer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Public Affairs Officer in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

What could be better than giving back to those who fought for our country and freedom? VA has been rewarding to me both personally and professionally. I have really opened by eyes to a lot of behind-the-scenes to our country's most valuable people, Veterans and Servicemembers. I have been afforded great opportunity to learn, grow and do what makes me happy with the VA.

Cons

There should be a way to move up to higher jobs when you have the skill set and knowledge to do so but certain limitations make this a challenge, however, it definitely builds character to work your way up and work hard to get there.

Not Your Veterans Dream Job

Former Employee - Veteran Services Representative in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Veteran Services Representative in Oakland, CA

I worked at US Department of Veterans Affairs full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Located in beautiful, downtown Oakland federal building, close to public transportation. If public transportation is used, VA will reimburse your costs.

Cons

Terrible, dog eat dog management. Emphasis is on fast processing of veterans disability claims regardless of ethical considerations or veterans' needs. Veterans Service Representative are under enormous pressure with thousands of claims backlogs. VERY understaffed, which continues in 2012 despite Congressional oversight.

Either adopt professional ethics and dedication to veterans' services, or get another job.

There are newer employer reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs