US Department of Veterans Affairs

www.vacareers.va.gov
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs

Great Place to work, Great Mission, I come to work to serve veterans and work with great co-workers

Current Employee - Supervisory Program Analyst in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Supervisory Program Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at US Department of Veterans Affairs full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Pay, Experience, Great Mission, Vision, Good people

Cons

Commute, some lackadaisical workforce, workplace politics

None, I am management. Communication works, nothing really to gripe about. You have good days and bad days. it's up to you to make the best out of your career. No point in griping on a website about things you can't change. If you come to VACO, expect to work hard or get left behind.

666 Other Employee Reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs (View Most Recent)

Great,

Current Employee - Staff RN in Loma Linda, CA
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Loma Linda, CA

I have been working at US Department of Veterans Affairs full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefics / life style, location, Check it out if you like it come work for it. We help veterans of all ages

Cons

Cons will depen on you, what you want and or what you like

N/A

The most eye opening and rewarding jobs I've had.

Current Employee - Public Affairs Officer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Public Affairs Officer in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

What could be better than giving back to those who fought for our country and freedom? VA has been rewarding to me both personally and professionally. I have really opened by eyes to a lot of behind-the-scenes to our country's most valuable people, Veterans and Servicemembers. I have been afforded great opportunity to learn, grow and do what makes me happy with the VA.

Cons

There should be a way to move up to higher jobs when you have the skill set and knowledge to do so but certain limitations make this a challenge, however, it definitely builds character to work your way up and work hard to get there.

There are newer employer reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs