US Department of Veterans Affairs

www.vacareers.va.gov
There are newer employer reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs

A Great Opportunity to make a difference.

Current Employee - Program Manager in New Orleans, LA
Current Employee - Program Manager in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at US Department of Veterans Affairs full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A never ending chance to improve something.

Cons

It take persistence to achieve objectives.

Less micro-management of the small stuff and more oversight of upper management.

631 Other Employee Reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs (View Most Recent)

Satisfying and continuing to learn

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at US Department of Veterans Affairs full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Decent pay. Knowing that you're helping our nations vets. Advancement is available, but limited at times.

Cons

Limited advancement opportunities at times. Flex-time not availabe where I'm at.

Need to be more open to other workers and not just hiring vets. Alot of jobs are being advertised for vets only. Makes advancement hard for the rest of us.

Great benefits, very political atmosphere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Serving veterans and making a difference, great benefits and employee wellness programs, great educational and training opportunities, job security, opportunities to transfer within the US.

Cons

Very political atmosphere, little opportunities to advance, feels like decisions are made based on administration rather than veteran care, treated like an hourly employee rather than salaried, no flexible scheduling/work from home/job sharing, red tape is frustrating.

Advance employees based on performance and really listen to employee feedback.

There are newer employer reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs