US Department of Veterans Affairs

www.vacareers.va.gov
  www.vacareers.va.gov
There are newer employer reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs

Great PlaceTo Work and give back to the country!

Current Employee - Staff RN
Current Employee - Staff RN

I have been working at US Department of Veterans Affairs full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent Benefits
Great Salary
Serve those who have served our country
Educational Opportunities

Cons

"Red Tape" When you transfer, it is like starting all over with a 2 year probation period.

600 Other Employee Reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs (View Most Recent)

the CBOCs are a mismanaged nightmare

Current Employee - Nurse in Traverse City, MI
    Current Employee - Nurse in Traverse City, MI

I have been working at US Department of Veterans Affairs full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

my co-workers are hard working and seriously try to do the best they can...with poor equipment and and outdated, crumbling building and poor/no leaderships.

Cons

management does not listen to employee concerns...very poor management. Poor over all morale. Problems are swept under the rug, plenty of "blame" to go around, but no praise, no problem solving, worse place I ever worked.

LISTEN to your front line employees. DO NOT GOSSIP about your employees!! Do not be so quick to place blame...and try some praise once in awhile...

Working for the Department of Veterans Affairs is great, most of the time.

Current Employee - Program Support Assistant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Program Support Assistant in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Great opportunities. Great Benefits. For the most part, working with people who really do want to serve the Veterans who served to protect this great nation, and all we stand for.

Cons

The VA does not promote from within. They would rather hire someone without any VA Data System Experience rather than someone who has devoted their career to better themselves, the VA, and the Veterans we serve

Identify those who are currently employed who are lower GS Grade levels, Promote them to positions where they are paid their worth and can do their expertise full time.

There are newer employer reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs