US Department of Veterans Affairs

www.vacareers.va.gov
  www.vacareers.va.gov
There are newer employer reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs

My experience thus far has been exceptional!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Little Rock, AR
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at US Department of Veterans Affairs full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is great compared to surrounding hospitals

Cons

Disgruntal co-workers that lowers overall morale for most wards

Provide more team-building opportunities

577 Other Employee Reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs (View Most Recent)

Working at the VA gave me a good out look on how much veterans need help on processes their disability claims.

Former Employee - Disability Claims Clark in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Disability Claims Clark in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at US Department of Veterans Affairs as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

To help Veterans with disabilities and medical problems.

Cons

My point of view they need help to process more disability claims due to the backlog which been pending for years, I undrestand their is a budget but we have veterans put their life on the line and was told that they will be taking care etc.

Great organizational mission statement and great people, but hindered by bureaucracy...

Current Employee - Veteran Service Representative
    Current Employee - Veteran Service Representative

I have been working at US Department of Veterans Affairs full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The employees all love helping veterans.

Cons

VA is a very large organization, which by nature has a good amount of dysfunction and barriers to communication between the upper and lower levels of the organization.

Find more creative ways to take advantage of true talent, rather than making those people go through the same cattle herding promotion system as everyone else. There should always be exceptions to the rules, because exceptional people do exist and do want to do great things for the organization. These exceptional people do not want to sit around waiting for an opportunity to get promoted while being mentored by people that were just the best available at the time they were promoted, and not actually a quality manager.

There are newer employer reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs