US Department of Veterans Affairs

Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs

Streamline the Veterans Admin. hospital

I worked at US Department of Veterans Affairs

Pros

The starting classes were small which meant you could learn quicker if you had any questions.

Cons

The upper management had no idea what was happening in the different departments.

Down size upper management

674 Other Employee Reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs (View Most Recent)

Excellent

Former Employee - Physician Assistant in Jackson, MS
    Former Employee - Physician Assistant in Jackson, MS

I worked at US Department of Veterans Affairs full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Security, excellent resources connected to major University sites, studies

Cons

Many employees come to sit and work as little as possible

Need Washington to contact employees and evaluate supervisors without reprecusions

Your Experience Will Vary Greatly Depending on Where You Work - Research Carefully Prior to Accepting a Position!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White River Junction, VT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White River Junction, VT

I worked at US Department of Veterans Affairs full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good benefits such as vacation time, sick time, matching retirement (TSP), defined retirement plan which is almost unheard of these days. The medical staff really cares about the patients and I liked that environment. That level of care does not transfer to the employees though.

Cons

Office technology is deplorable! I used DOS systems! Internal customer service is appalling! Staff from other departments treat each other like garbage; it's horrible. Training is practically non-existent. Co-workers will lie and stab you in the back at every opportunity in order to make themselves look better. The Human Resources staff is either extremely incompetent or extremely unprofessional.

I know money is tight but get people adequately trained! Stop having "the beatings will continue until moral improves" as your mission statement in VISN 1. I'm not kidding. The staff is great to patients. Employees? Not so much...Stop worrying about paper signs hanging on the wall and worry about verbally abusive supervisors and hostile work environments.

There are newer employer reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs