US Department of Veterans Affairs

www.vacareers.va.gov

I love caring for the Veterans!!!

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

ProsIt's very rewarding to care for the Veterans. The Government has great benefits for its employees. There are lots of great employees that work for the VA. Employees can transfer to any VA, and there are lots of job opportunities on usajobs.gov.

ConsPolitics. No accountability. Lazy-inefficient workers. Employees in management positions (and physicians) only hob-nob with each other, and ignore workers that aren't either managers/chiefs/physicians/ or any other position of power.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease evaluate each employee's resume and work experience, and assign them to the most appropriate specialty. If a person has a disability, please assign them to an area that will allow them to demonstrate the safest production outcome.

RN Opportunities

I have been working at US Department of Veterans Affairs full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Lots of opportunities to advance, branch out and try new things. Great patient population! Veterans are (for the most part) very appreciative of the… Cons: Some people that should be fired are not ... hard to get the bad apples out of the system. Pay freeze has hit people hard… Advice to Senior Management: Walk-about. Get out and get to know the workers and patients. The "numbers" you see on the daily reports represent the Veterans, employees… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work if interested in federal government

Research Health Science Specialist (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

I worked at US Department of Veterans Affairs full-time for more than a year

Pros: mission driven organization and employees, education and training programs for… Cons: can have bureaucratic process (e.g. approving travel expenses) Advice to Senior Management: continue supporting employee growth and development Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Worked for US Department of Veterans Affairs? Contribute to the Community!