US Department of Veterans Affairs

www.vacareers.va.gov
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs

Nursing Management top heavy, once black-balled, forever black-balled, policies and procedures NOT followed by admin

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in West Haven, CT
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in West Haven, CT

I have been working at US Department of Veterans Affairs full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Taking care of our veterans and their families.

Cons

Management protects management....even when their own policies and procedures are not followed. Excessive amount of favoritism shown by nursing management. When a mistake is made by a nurse, instead of acting like a "high reliability"institution that we are told we are, the nurse's mistake is sent to human resources for review and punishment. It is not used to educate, simply punish.....especially if you are on their "list".. If you are acting like a pt advocate should, and you reveal an "issue" that you report, you better believe you will pay dearly in some way...... Of course they will NEVER be found guilty of retaliation....It will just be a coincidence that after you revealed the issue, you have been detailed to a tiny CBOC for the rest of your VA career.......

WE NEED A COMPLETE CHANGE OVER IN NURSING ADMINISTRATION......

666 Other Employee Reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs (View Most Recent)

There are newer employer reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs