US Department of the Interior

There are newer employer reviews for US Department of the Interior

Government Jobs

Current Employee - Maintenance in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Maintenance in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at US Department of the Interior as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great daily shift, consistently out on time, constant training.

Cons

Seems like some of the other workers just have no sense of urgency, including managers.

Set the same standards for new and old employees, if you push to get some extra work out of your people you just might be surprised. Sometimes being in a management position for a long period of time makes you lose your sense of urgency, take the time to reevaluate even your own performance.

37 Other Employee Reviews for US Department of the Interior (View Most Recent)

Wonderful opportunity to see how a bureau in DC functions as a branch of the US government.

Current Employee - Research in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Research in Washington, DC

I have been working at US Department of the Interior as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Depending on your employer, you get a lot of practical research experience with your area of focus. In my case, i was able to learn grass roots organization research and develop a program from the field up to DC.

Cons

A lot of the work involves people hundreds of miles a mile, and while I did get to go on a site visit. It's hard being cooped up in the office and deal directly with concerns in the field.

Keep the specific offices staff fairly small so that there is a tight knit job environment. This allowed everyone in the office an opportunity to see their full potential in a variety of settings.

Department of the InFerior!!

Former Employee - Program Analyst in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Program Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at US Department of the Interior full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits were good as with all government agencies. They had a little workout facility on-site which was nice. Quite frankly, that's the only perk I miss. I miss most of my co-workers, but not all - the people are nice and most work hard, but some just get by.

Cons

Leadership claims to care about what employees think. They sent out employee surveys and employees complete them. Then leadership does what they want anyway. For me, there was no opportunity to work from home, but two of my co-works could. Why is that acceptable? Morale was going downhill for many years before I left and from what I've heard, it's even worse.

You need to give opportunities to current employees for career growth. It's very frustrating and disheartening to not get promoted, yet the NBC Director or Assistant Director(s) hire a buddy from their previous agency/employer at a GS-14 salary to do absolutely nothing.

There are newer employer reviews for US Department of the Interior