US Fish and Wildlife Service
www.fws.gov Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

It was an extremely rewarding position at a location in Paradise.

Naturalist (Current Employee)
Kilauea, HI

ProsGood opportunities to try out temporary and seasonal work before accepting long-term employment. Great on-the-job training and information. Friendly coworkers in a like-minded environment.

ConsVirtually no availability of permanent or long-term positions, even for people with experience. This has been a prevalent problem of federal government work in recent years.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall, I feel US FWS hires competent and capable managers. They are great at providing guidance. Maintaining open communication and job detail is key.

Was OK

Biological Science Technician (Fisheries) (Former Employee)
    Puerto Rico (Chile)

I worked at US Fish and Wildlife Service as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros: Good opportunity to work in a biology profession Cons: Dealing sometimes with unprofessional working partners Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great learning experience in environmental service!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at US Fish and Wildlife Service

Pros: Very passionate about their work whether in administrative support, technology,… Cons: None that I can think of. More
There are newer reviews on US Fish and Wildlife Service.

Worked for US Fish and Wildlife Service? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Fish and Wildlife Service reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by US Fish and Wildlife Service employees.