There are newer employer reviews for US Foods

Great people, great company and getting better

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at US Foods

Pros

Room for growth if you will work for it. US Foods is about as transparant as a company of its size can be, demands honesty from its employees- only way i would have it. Trys to focus on their customers.

Cons

At times the SR leadership isnt on the same page with the real world. We need to remember its all about the customer and the TM and not always the bottom line.

Get out of the office and away from the spreadsheets. Go see our customers and workwith our reps to see whats really going on.

264 Other Employee Reviews for US Foods (View Most Recent)

Mass layoffs and letting go within the company

Former Employee - Territory Manager/Sales  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Territory Manager/Sales in Denver, CO

I worked at US Foods

Pros

Good medical and dental benefits

Cons

*Management is lacking in all areas from the top to middle management
    *People are getting let go left and right from the company.
    *The office need to be updated and depressing to work in. I have been in other friends offices and makes this place look like the ghetto.
    *The direction of the company does not reflect what is being talked out from corporate.

Learn to train better, talk to your employees and stop getting rid of key people that have been giving back to the company %100.

This is a horrible place to work - no vacation time

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rosemont, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at US Foods

Pros

Some of the people are decent.

Cons

The vacation and benefit package is ridiculously outdated. Additionally, they company does not recognize all national holidays. I have never seen a company not recognize New Year's day off. The distribution centers are closed on New Year's day if they have union representation, but the corporate office...which consists of exempt, professional people who have to get the job done no matter what...is open. And, the executives wonder why the people seek union representation. No work-life balance. No telecommuting. This company is really behind the times.

Update the vacation policy and give employees all national holidays off. Focus on work-life balance by offering flextime, telecommuting, and a competitive vacation policy. People are not happy and you will not retain people if they are not happy.

There are newer employer reviews for US Foods

Worked for US Foods? Contribute to the Community!