Territory Manager - Sales

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Port Orange, FL
Current Employee - Territory Manager in Port Orange, FL

I have been working at US Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Since the company relaunched in September of last year we've been moving towards becoming the most innovative broad-line distributor in the industry. By this time 2013, we will have a completely new sales model in place making it impossible for anyone to compete with our level of service. I worked for Sysco for a decade and did very well. I am far happier and more productive at US Foods. At Sysco they will have their hands full trying to react to what's is coming up next year.

Cons

The biggest challenge is getting then whole company to embrace the change. Change scares some people. Even though to many of us it's obvious how these changes will make our jobs easier and more enjoyable, some will always cling to the way they've done things for many years.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Other Employee Reviews for US Foods

1. US Foods

Current Employee - Driver in Fairburn, GA
    Current Employee - Driver in Fairburn, GA

I have been working at US Foods full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Pay and Benefits at work

Cons

Long hours and some stress

Advice to Management

Be nice

The tell all that will end it all

Current Employee - Analyst in Rosemont, IL
    Current Employee - Analyst in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at US Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There's isn't any. Simply put. I'm not disgruntled I assure. I'm only looking out for others. I'll give them 1 pro, and that is salary. But here's the kicker, more like the inside scoop. Bonuses are on a freeze starting next year. So for those Pending an offer, renegotiate.

Cons

Vacation accrual is crazy, you have to wait 7 years to accrue.....(get ready) 1 week. It's ok for your manager to yell at you and tell who's the boss literally in front of the entire floor. (I witnessed this happen to a comrad) CEO ...yes the CEO will require you to ask him a question during company events but if he doesn't like your question he'll tell you to shut up and sit down. Again literally. (mind this is in front of the entire HQ office in a rented hall). CEO also believes that culture comes from the or starts with the bottom. (that's definitely not what the text books say) Do some research on the CEO before you make your move, he caused a company in Canada to crash and burn financially by using the same methodology he's applying here at USF. Change and implement all at once. Unfortuntaely you wont find info on USF because their privately owned by an investment firm, KKR. One thing you will find is that they recently have been downgraded I believe by Moodys to 1 step above not credit worthy. I believe it's 3C. Do the research. Management can't decide on metrics every week a new metric is introduced or re-introed, or re-introed but defined differently. Do you know how confusing that is?? That's like the US government changing te definition to street lights and defining red to mean slow, yellow to go and green to slow some more. (yea I know my analogy is not symmetrical, just proving another point) they'll realize they forgot to add a color for stop and go back to the drawing board instead of just making green stop (which is still wrong mind you) they'll be like oh let's add a new color... Fucia for stop. wtf????? Depending on your department some people are great. Especially the accounting team. Kudos to you all. The rest in HQ and support fiel... approach with caution. I'm not going to say all but the people I've dealt with either have no personality or have tried to throw you under the bus or not helpful. Don't try to apply your knowledge here or skill. Management suppresses you. They have a report that you know can provide better info and they won't let you adjust it because there stuck in there old ways. The best part is they will want to make a change to something and you'll never reach to a final view an that's because they can't come up with decision. Your job will become to maintain a report that is constantly changing (the best part the change you made to remove an item will he added back 2weeks later cause one orangutan wants to see something) that cycle continues. Be careful in revealing your skill set. Once another department manager finds out you are technical savvy they'll start throwing projects and reports that have nothing to do with your roll. For example building spreadsheets or entering data because you know how to do it faster. And I assure you they don't acknowledge that skill set for promotion it's more like this guy knows what he's doing.....he's not going anywhere or let me try to pouch him from this group. The list goes on people....please do yor research.

Advice to Management

Enough with the who's on first. KKR You need new young fresh minds Usf''s credo states second to none, they literally will be if you don't change the guys on top and middle management. Even Dinausors extinct..once upon a time.