There are newer employer reviews for US Foods

Territory Manager

Former Employee - Territory Manager  in  Denver, CO
Former Employee - Territory Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at US Foods full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

benefits; work associates; customer relationships/friendships; independence working from home

Cons

no expenses paid for and there are a lot of out-of-pocket after tax income expenses; wear and tear on your car; work 6-7 days/week (Sundays you work all day); work/life balance is awful; lack of advancement opportunities;

my last boss was awesome to work with; upper management was ok to work with

264 Other Employee Reviews for US Foods (View Most Recent)

Territory Manager - Sales

Current Employee - Territory Manager  in  Port Orange, FL
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Port Orange, FL

I have been working at US Foods full-time for more than a year

Pros

Since the company relaunched in September of last year we've been moving towards becoming the most innovative broad-line distributor in the industry. By this time 2013, we will have a completely new sales model in place making it impossible for anyone to compete with our level of service. I worked for Sysco for a decade and did very well. I am far happier and more productive at US Foods. At Sysco they will have their hands full trying to react to what's is coming up next year.

Cons

The biggest challenge is getting then whole company to embrace the change. Change scares some people. Even though to many of us it's obvious how these changes will make our jobs easier and more enjoyable, some will always cling to the way they've done things for many years.

Keep doing what you are doing!

Highest Ethical Company Culture of Those Worked In

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rosemont, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

I worked at US Foods full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Respected and acknowledged good work among all levels of employees. Hierarchy of management above my position supported decisions made at levels below.

Ethical in practices, encountered a respectable level of accountability.

Cons

Very traditional in respect to telecommuting arrangements, working from home frowned upon. If you trust your employees, let those that are able to have more work from home flexibility.

Just rethinking some of the more traditional old school tendencies, such as telecommuting, to attract a wider range generational employees in corporate position.

There are newer employer reviews for US Foods

Worked for US Foods? Contribute to the Community!