US Foods

There are newer employer reviews for US Foods

A CULTURE OF BULLIES

Current Employee - Credit Department in Rosemont, IL
Current Employee - Credit Department in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at US Foods full-time (less than a year)

Pros

My immediate supervisor is a shining example of what a high performance leader shoulx be like.

Cons

The last department meeting I was in was much more improved than the previous.ones. This time the VP only asked how many of us wanted to keep our jobs. He actually made it crystal clear that our jobs are not secure it we don't perform. This is an improvemdnt from the last meetings.

The environment is so tense. Everyone is afraid to lose their job. Those that speak up are held back or driven out. Their is a hand full of managers that have worked together for years and look out for each other so that you look like a liar. HR and execs are aware and still keep these horrible leaders around. Hmmm.

We are seriously understaffed and overworked. The collection dept. is set up for failure. My experience tells me that they want the centralization to fail so and are only looking to benefit from the tax benefit of restructuring because the legacy managers are not penalized for unethical practices. Their is a culture od don't ask don't tell from the top down.

When they tell you have work occasional weekends they don't tell you that your on call 24/7 from Friday night to Monday morning and you won't get paid for it. You only get paid f you answer the phone and for the time you log in until you log out. Never mind the fact that you have to drop what youre doing and go back home to your laptop or take it with you. This is illegal in Illinois. They try to mask it but at the end of the day you have to pay people because they cannot make plans.

Bottom line, when a company wants to change its culture they need a new HR team because these and many other similar complaints have been made to HR but they direct you back to your manager and the band of thugs who bullied you.

I am not disgruntled. I am trying to think positive but its very hard when you see and hear what I have seen and heard. BE WARNED UNLESS YOU SEE IN US FOODS PRESS RELEASES THAT THE COMPANY IS OVER HAULING LINE MANAGERS AND VP's IN THE CREDIT DEPT TURNOVER WILL REMAIN THE HIGHEST IN THE METRO AREA.

Benefits are terrible. Not nnearly enough personal days. Only two.

Look at yourselves and ask what your are willing to do to make Rosemont a success. My suggestion is to read the anti-bullying law and make examples of the bullies by firing them PROMPTLY. Make examples of the HR for hiding it. Upgrade systems, it makes all the difference.

319 Other Employee Reviews for US Foods (View Most Recent)

There are better places to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

I worked at US Foods full-time (more than a year)

Pros

When I first started with the company, people were very friendly. They would come up and introduce themselves, which I was quite impressed by. When the company reorganized and brought in new management and a slew of new people, the atmosphere changed for the worst.

Salary is above average.

Fun to work with chefs and learn about food trends.

Cons

New management created friction within the departments, causing good people with lots of experience to leave.

Only 2 weeks of vacation time until year 7.

No policy to work from home.

If you live in Chicago, the commute (whether by train or car) is long and boring.

Ok

Current Employee - Driver in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Driver in Savannah, GA

I have been working at US Foods full-time (more than a year)

Pros

As a driver, pay and benefits are decent.

Cons

The terminal managers seem to always micromanage,and just let you do your job! Trucks and trailing equipment are not good, beat up! They have recently installed cameras in the truck cabs to spy on drivers- why hire experienced drivers if you do not trust them to drive your equipment! A real lack of professionalism on the part of transportation managers!

Stop micro managing so much- leave people alone and let them do their job! No decent communication between District management and drivers.

There are newer employer reviews for US Foods