US Foods
www.usfoods.com Rosemont, IL 5000+ Employees

Corporate has a great direction and vision, Phoenix division has another direction unfortunately

Territory Manager (Former Employee)
Tucson, AZ

Prosexcellent tools like "Business Analytics" that uses all the statistical data collected from sales for each customer over the previous 3 years. This tool allows you to drill down or categorize what ever sales data you are looking for to track your sales and provide statistical data to customers. Room for growth if you are willing to relocate. Excelent effort by corporate to make US Foods the stand outchoice in the industry.

ConsDistrict Sales managers.... Some are fit for the job but others have their own interest in mind. Modern managers should operate in a leadership role. They should never shoot down an employees sales or other professional goals. This pretty much prohibits career development in a small market like Tucson. District managers dont have the proper management training and operate on an old fashioned management theory. Different people have different sales approaches and dont always align with middle managements ideal approach,however, it doesnt mean either approach is wrong... just different. Management was friendly however, the leadership qualities that would benefit the company tremendously, were insufficient at best. A change of direction has been initiated by coorporate and is very strong however the lack of true focus is the downfall of the strategy in play.

At a General Sales Meetings there were 30 objectives of daily focus for the TMs to follow. A focus can be directed to maybe 4-5 objectives to show a real improvement.

Leadership is lacking from upper management down through the sales force. Guilt trips and bad mouthing are common practice.

a $45,000-55,000 salary are quickly diminished with the burden of fuel and other vehicle maintenance as well as cell phone and insurance cost being placed on the shoulders of the territory manager. expect to pay around $10k-15k out of pocket per year to perform at an acceptable standard in this company. There is absolutely no room for growth in the Tucson area.

Advice to Senior ManagementBelieve it or not, happy employees are a companies best asset. When you promise a cutting edge, industry leading, 13 week training program that will set your sales force apart from any other company you should probably follow through. Lack of formal training is the same as planning to fail. Yes, a $250,000 cryovac machine is a cool tool and makes the product nicer and stock yards employees easier, but if you break it down an employee with boost your production and make you more money than any machine you have... Without the employees you buy nothing, stock nothing, sell nothing, load no trucks, and MAKE NO MONEY.

worked along side some our industry best

Director (Current Employee)
    Columbia, MD

I have been working at US Foods full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: forward thinking, advancing in IT Cons: retail and foodservice do not belong in the same sentence.. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

This was a very Unprofessional Chaotic Office Environment

Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Aurora, IL

I worked at US Foods full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good Pay and Benefits that's all. Cons: Very dysfunctional and unprofessional work environment. No Training or mentoring… Advice to Senior Management: Employees like to be treated with respect office is run… More
There are newer reviews on US Foods.

Worked for US Foods? Contribute to the Community!

US Foods – Why Work for Us?

Who we are We create an environment where passion for food and service can flourish. And our passion for food is equaled only by our commitment to our employees – the people who devote their careers to serving our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Foods reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Foods CEO John A. Lederer. All reviews posted anonymously by US Foods employees.