US Foods

www.usfoods.com
  www.usfoods.com
There are newer employer reviews for US Foods

Nice company and people but uncertain future due to merger.

Current Employee - Manager in Rosemont, IL
Current Employee - Manager in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at US Foods full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Attempt at creating positive culture. Company had been winning in marketplace. Many nice people.

Cons

Acquired by Sysco but not closed yet. Acquisition creates a very uncertain pessimistic future. Leadership trying to convince folks to stay but not convincing. Only a handful will benefit from acquisition and it will clearly be bad for customers, competition and employees. FaceTime culture is not modern.

Quit trying to convince people there is opportunity when they know better.

282 Other Employee Reviews for US Foods (View Most Recent)

Proactive company focused on changing the face of food service

Current Employee - Director of Marketing and Merchandising
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing and Merchandising

I have been working at US Foods full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Progressive thinkers, delivering innovative products to the market, stellar technology dept that delivers new apps and products that will revolutionize the industry.

Cons

In the process of a merger, lack of buyin from the sales force to the new culture and processes

stay the course. you are on the right path

Excellent opportunity for the right person.

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at US Foods full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As in any aspect of life, but especially sales, you have to play to win. For those that care to get out of the house, get out of the car and actually walk into a foodservice entity, there is money to be made. Work / life balance is great as long as you are organized and intentional in your actions. Sure, initiatives are crammed down our throats daily, but it's sales...play the numbers. There is a wide gap between the earners and the complainers for an obvious reason. Versus our competitors, I have to truly believe that we are a cut above the rest in quality, performance and morality.

Cons

Obviously, selling out to Sysco is heart breaking. I had every hope of retiring from USF one day, albeit 20-30 years away.
    Transportation/routing has been a severe set back in customer relations, but so goes the broad line industry.
    Procurement could use significant directional aid as out of stocks are rampant and embarrassingly damaging to the sales force for the better part of the last 12 months.

There are newer employer reviews for US Foods