There are newer employer reviews for US Foods

It was OK

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Clifton Park, NY
Former Employee - Account Manager in Clifton Park, NY

I worked at US Foods full-time for less than a year

Pros

Its a well run company that is competitive and does alot to educate their reps. Compensation is good initially however once you are on commission, if customers don't pay- you don't get paid

Cons

Long hours, ALOT of driving. Be prepared to run your car into the ground. Little support from management. very demanding in terms of attending meetings and other corporate functions. Don't expect to have much of a life outside of work.

264 Other Employee Reviews for US Foods (View Most Recent)

Still many opportunities in merger environment

Current Employee - Director  in  Rosemont, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at US Foods full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Open, collaborative atmosphere. High visibility and accountability of executives. Focus on innovation in products and services. Great opportunity for advancement and adding resume-building responsibilities with pending merger.

Cons

Sales organization is mostly comprised of order-takers, not true sales people. Only motivated by "What's in it for me?" i.e. commissions and spiffs. Poor support of divisional leadership for corporate initiatives.

Focus on directing resources toward talent recruiting and building bench-strength. Integration of the two companies will take years, so need to keep the company performance on the rails, and need to double-down on incentives to attract talent.

Dynamic but sometimes too much change disrupts ability to service customers

Current Employee - Demand Planner  in  Rosemont, IL
    Current Employee - Demand Planner in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at US Foods full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very flexible in work scheduling. I work 6:30am-3pm so I can beat traffic and pick up my child from daycare before 5pm. We get 12 work from home days a year to use to take care of our personal business while still being productive.

Cons

The process improvement team has good intentions in improving processes but excludes input from those who actually use the processes usually leading to only more work and more inefficiencies. Being bought out by Sysco and likely to relocate entire office to Houston, TX.

There are newer employer reviews for US Foods

Worked for US Foods? Contribute to the Community!