US Immigration and Customs Enforcement
www.ice.gov Washington, DC

Lack of experienced leadership

ProsGreat for starting a career in Federal law enforcement and the ability to get promoted easily to a GS-14 within 5 years as long as you are willing to move to headquarters in Washington DC.

ConsYoung inexperience management in HQ cannot give guidance to the field and is more interested in administrative issues and paper trail than conducting investigations.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promoting incompetent agents who dont even have a college degree. Make promotions based on time, experience and education, not on cronyism.

Just okay

Intelligence Research Specialist (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at US Immigration and Customs Enforcement full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Variety of investigative work, good people, offices in many locations,… Cons: Agents are favored and analysts tend to get the short end of the stick when it comes to promotions, TDY opportunites, and reassignment policies (there… Advice to Senior Management: See above No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

I believe in the mission of the agency, but not the managers.

Accountant (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

I have been working at US Immigration and Customs Enforcement full-time for more than a year

Pros: Like all Fed jobs, excellent benefits. Some offices within ICE… Cons: I am a supervisor working in the Office of Financial Management. Low morale, little accountability, managers don't support or… Advice to Senior Management: Do something different!! The survey results haven't changed, so unless you are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on US Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Worked for US Immigration and Customs Enforcement? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Immigration and Customs Enforcement reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Immigration and Customs Enforcement CEO Luke McCormack. All reviews posted anonymously by US Immigration and Customs Enforcement employees.