There are newer employer reviews for US Investigations Services

Get ready for a bumpy but fun ride

Current Employee - Account Executive in Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Account Executive in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at US Investigations Services

Pros

It's a highly respected company that has earned credibility. There is tremendous potential for the business to grow and dominate the industry if the powers that be make the right decisions and how, when and where to grow the business

Cons

procesess and procedures change so fast it's hard to keep up. If you aren't flexible this is not the place for you. But, if you can ride the waves out and hang on, the future will be bright

Advice to Management

Keep pushing for growth but don't forget our core business and what makes us so good at what we do in the process.

reviews filtered by

Dobbs is no longer in the company and the new $10 million CEO has no communication with the lowly employees.

Current Employee - Special Investigator in Fort Walton Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Special Investigator in Fort Walton Beach, FL

I have been working at US Investigations Services

Pros

This job offers Flexibility and for individuals who are self-motivated and self-directed it's great to set your own schedule. The flexibility is mostly for the convenience of the customer, not the investigator. No office or coworkers.

Cons

Incompetent management. Too much promotion by the "buddy" system. No ongoing training and lack of communication from management level. I use the term management loosely, it's more mis-management. Most of the mid-mid-upper management has been promoted from within. TL, DM, BUD. Most of the promotions have been because the manager knows someone and they like them. The most qualified are not always selected.

Advice to Management

Actually listening to employees would be a good place to start for senior management. The big problem is that the company chose the most untrained employees several years ago and now the incompetence runs rampant within the management ranks.

2. We need to take care of our number one asset. People!

Current Employee - Senior Investigator in San Bernardino, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Investigator in San Bernardino, CA

I have been working at US Investigations Services

Pros

Flexible working hours. Professional coworkers. Doing something that is important for the country. Meritocracy system. Sharing workloads with others. Ability to work in different areas. Benefits for health care are reasonable and I hear some of the best in the US. Details outside normal working areas can be seen as a relief from the daily routines. Great review staff who are always very cooperative and helpful when dealing with your completed work.

Cons

Driving long distances. Trying to get management to understand that your performance is tied to people you don't even know. Completing work on time when overloaded with assignments. Movement away from quality to quantity.

Advice to Management

Take care of your people and they will take care of you! Pay them well as you do yourself in your non-producing roles which have eaten up profits. Stop multi-tasking field investigators with multiple contracts they can't keep up with all the requirements and changes that are cropping up on a daily basis. Don't place non leader types in leadershiop positions. Reward professionalism and dedication.

There are newer employer reviews for US Investigations Services