There are newer employer reviews for US Investigations Services

No career advancement. Nowhere to go. Job skills not transferable to other jobs.

Current Employee - General Clerk II in Miami, FL
Current Employee - General Clerk II in Miami, FL

I have been working at US Investigations Services part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits maybe (depends), nights/weekends/holidays off, time off, easy job, meet people, hot women come in everyday, easy place to pick up women, 8 hour shift with lunch break

Cons

No opportunities for advancement. No pay increases until years later. Standing all day which will take a toll on your knees eventually.

Advice to Management

Give us some good reasons to come to work.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A good job and stable company weathering a storm based on bad decisions of past leaders

I have been working at US Investigations Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Despite Federal Government budget issues, this is and will continue to be a job with security and stability. The national security mission and professional coworkers are what have led me to stay as long as I have. Even during difficult times, the company and my current and past managers have looked out for me.

Cons

The rising cost of benefits makes it tough for employees with families who earn less than $40-$50k. The company is suffering and under scrutiny because of former leaders who seem to have decided to take shortcuts.

Advice to Management

Listen more to employees who have good ideas about how to solve tough problems.

USIS in troubled times

Current Employee - Field Investigator
    Current Employee - Field Investigator

I have been working at US Investigations Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

conscientious co-workers who continually produce quality work. Flexible work schedule and work from home. Self-satisfaction of contributing to national security in a very minor way.

Cons

clueless management that does not recognize the difficulty to meet increasingly heavy workload and compressed deadlines. Apparent effort to get as much work done, therefore more money before the plug is pulled by OPM.

Advice to Management

It is higher management decisions that have lead USIS into financial difficulties and Federal investigations. Be open with the filed investigators, we are all adults and can take the bad news. Dont lie like you did about taking away Paid Time Off. Dont believe some of the latest reviews that give you 5 stars - they are probably headquarter shills.