US Investigations Services

****Avoid****

Investigator (Current Employee)
El Paso, TX

ProsFleet Auto. That's about it

ConsWhere to begin? Let’s talk recent developments. CEO recently terminated. No surprise as they usually last 18-24 months, historical average. Medical/Dental premiums tripled. Here is an example. New-hire employee will now pay $826.90/month (Employee + Family). And that’s just medical coverage and it’s very, very basic with super-high deductible. Dental premiums super high as well. Yearly salary for new employee $37,500.00, non-negotiable. USIS touts free automobile. Not exactly. There is a mandatory Personal Use Charge (PUC), minimum $141.00/month. So, 33% of new-hire salary committed to medical & car. Do the math.
Basically, this job is fine for a retired person or recent, single college graduate. Anyone with a family, good luck. Pay increases are non-existent, don’t really matter how good of an employee you are. It takes many years to get promoted, so just be happy with $37K for years to come.
As for corporate culture, don’t take my word for it, simply Google search USIS. They are under investigation by DOJ, DOL, etc. for all kinds of stuff.
I realize most folks come to Glassdoor to simply complain about employer. But, in this case, most reviews are correct. It’s really bad. If you quit ur job less than 12 months after hire, you must re-pay training costs, in the thousands of $$. The list of Cons is too long. If you select to go forward, please revisit this Review in 6 months. There is not a line that is false or exaggerated.

Advice to Senior ManagementFile bankruptcy protection

a walk into the house of cards

Prefer Not to Say (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at US Investigations Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I enjoyed learning the background investigation process and interfacing with professionals in all walks of business. I learned a lot about people. … Cons: When I began working for USIS it was run by excellent integrity minded management that had been transferred from OPM. As the OPMers left… Advice to Senior Management: You never know who is taking notes about you. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Don't work for them

Senior Investigator (Former Employee)

I worked at US Investigations Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Company car and semi flexible schedule. Cons: Where to begin? Unrealistic deadlines to get cases done. The stress of the job was being to affect my health and my family… Advice to Senior Management: With the way you run your company now you are going to contiune to lose… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on US Investigations Services.

Worked for US Investigations Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Investigations Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Investigations Services CEO Sterling Phillips . All reviews posted anonymously by US Investigations Services employees.