There are newer employer reviews for US Investigations Services

****Avoid****

Current Employee - Investigator  in  El Paso, TX
Current Employee - Investigator in El Paso, TX

I have been working at US Investigations Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fleet Auto. That's about it

Cons

Where to begin? Let’s talk recent developments. CEO recently terminated. No surprise as they usually last 18-24 months, historical average. Medical/Dental premiums tripled. Here is an example. New-hire employee will now pay $826.90/month (Employee + Family). And that’s just medical coverage and it’s very, very basic with super-high deductible. Dental premiums super high as well. Yearly salary for new employee $37,500.00, non-negotiable. USIS touts free automobile. Not exactly. There is a mandatory Personal Use Charge (PUC), minimum $141.00/month. So, 33% of new-hire salary committed to medical & car. Do the math.
Basically, this job is fine for a retired person or recent, single college graduate. Anyone with a family, good luck. Pay increases are non-existent, don’t really matter how good of an employee you are. It takes many years to get promoted, so just be happy with $37K for years to come.
As for corporate culture, don’t take my word for it, simply Google search USIS. They are under investigation by DOJ, DOL, etc. for all kinds of stuff.
I realize most folks come to Glassdoor to simply complain about employer. But, in this case, most reviews are correct. It’s really bad. If you quit ur job less than 12 months after hire, you must re-pay training costs, in the thousands of $$. The list of Cons is too long. If you select to go forward, please revisit this Review in 6 months. There is not a line that is false or exaggerated.

File bankruptcy protection

332 Other Employee Reviews for US Investigations Services (View Most Recent)

a walk into the house of cards

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Washington, DC

I have been working at US Investigations Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoyed learning the background investigation process and interfacing with professionals in all walks of business. I learned a lot about people. I also learned how deal with the tricks of USIS management, I just reported the chicanery to OPM and it was taken care of.

Cons

When I began working for USIS it was run by excellent integrity minded management that had been transferred from OPM. As the OPMers left or moved on, what you had left unfortunately was a lot of shallow inept gold diggers, inexperienced college graduates with clue to lead them, and a void in leadership that advocated for employee growth. The leadership was a bunch of inept college flunkies with no business acumen. The management was unfortunately a bunch of gold diggers who did not know anything about security clearance back ground investigations. The biggest talent they had was kissing up to OPM with empty promises.

You never know who is taking notes about you.

Not for the faint of heart...

Current Employee - Associate Investigator  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Associate Investigator in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at US Investigations Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home is great as is the ability to set your own hours. The company car is nice. If you are performing management leaves you alone.

Cons

Excessive work load that is just not reasonable. Having to deal with essentially 20 plus supervisors also known as review. Close to impossible metrics need to be met in order to get promoted. Leadership is useless/nonexistent it is clear that the bottom line is more important than the employees. If OPM says jump leadership tells you how high.

Stop letting OPM run the company. Make the review process less confrontational, reviewers don't need to be dictating wording in a report.

There are newer employer reviews for US Investigations Services

Worked for US Investigations Services? Contribute to the Community!